- If anyone knows Toronto, it’s NOW Magazine. Having covered the weekly cultural scene for the last 25 years, it is the authority on Canada’s biggest city. This comprehensive insider guide features surveys, listings, and overviews of:
In a handy, easy-to-carry format, this is one guide that both tourists and residents can capitalize on.
- landmarks and tourist attractions
- Toronto’s best restaurants and bars
- theatre, music, club scenes, and stage venues
- family-oriented activities
- the city’s best shopping, emphasizing local artists, designers, and indie stores
- unique hotspots in, and full-colour maps of, Toronto’s diverse neighbourhoods
- permanent collections in major galleries and museums like the Art Gallery of Ontario and Royal Ontario Museum, and the independent gallery scene
- Toronto’s large and well-organized queer community’s events, services, and happenings
- major festivals like the Toronto International Film Festival, Caribana, International Festival of Authors, and Gay Pride
- the city’s parks and paths, including Toronto Island
- pools, rinks, tennis courts, and other sports facilities
- green shopping and organic food stops in this leading eco-conscious city
- sex shops, birth control centres, safe-sex counselling, and other services
NOW Magazine has been Toronto’s leading alternative newspaper since 1981. Published weekly, it is a trusted source for profiles of artists and events, entertainment and food reviews, and political commentary.
Published: October 2006
Dimensions: 5 x 8.25 in.