Use poker strategy to become a better decision maker
In high–stakes poker, you need patience and aggression — qualities that translate to the world of business. In The Shark and the Fish, Charley Swayne applies winning poker strategies to decision–making and leadership.
Learn how to:
• avoid losing control and going on tilt,
• turn losses into lessons,
• perfect the art of negotiating a deal,
• understand the stakes and your financial limitations,
• evaluate your opponents, and assess what they know about you,
• read risk and reward — should you bid, bluff, or fold?
In this unique strategy book, Charley Swayne teaches you how to be the shark at the boardroom table, not the fish.
Charley Swayne is a professional poker instructor and the author of Life, Etc. and Swayne’s Advanced Degree in Hold’em. He uses online resources and videos to instruct internationally on poker with a special focus on math, and he has led a course on game theory with daily applications at the University of Wisconsin–La Crosse. He lives in La Crosse, Wisconsin.
Published: September 2012
Dimensions: 6 x 9 in.