Well-known Canadian authors, Dr. Harv & Patricia Haakonson present a revolutionary, balanced approach to dieting — from low-fat to low carb to their special approach: “slow carb.” “Slow carbs” are carbohydrates that convert to blood sugar over time, avoiding the negative health impacts related to eating highly refined carbohydrates. “Slow carb” relies on a balance of normal food portions, including fruits, whole grains, and proteins.
What sets Slow Carb for Life apart from other low carb books? It offers:
* simple explanations for the science behind slow carb metabolism
* a realistic and proven approach to changing eating habits
* advice for special dietary needs, e.g. teens, vegetarians, and diabetics
* simple, practical, everyday tips to maintain the slow carb fat burn
* easy-to-follow daily intake guidelines for weight loss or weight maintenance
* a handy built-in carb counter and food diary to make weight loss easy
* over 100 delicious slow carb recipes for breads, muffins, and cookies in addition to soups, salads, vegetables, poultry, fish, and meat
* FAQ’s and testimonials about experiences and successes with this approach
This complete guide includes everything for the novice and the long-term “slow carber” to succeed.
Patricia Haakonson is the author of Easy Low Carb Cooking. With her husband, Harv Haakonson, M.D., she also authored Easy Low Carb Living. The authors themselves are “slow carbers,” having lost a combined 80 pounds and lived the slow carb lifestyle for more than 4 years.
Published: October 2004
Dimensions: 7 x 9.25 in.